I did work-out last night, but then the drama of my anger took over and I wrote that blog instead of letting you know I haven't already jumped off the getting in shape band wagon.
I ran on the treadmill again last night. Again for 33 minutes, this time I ran 1.5 mi. and walked a mile.
I'm not sure about the calories or even really the EXACT time or mileage, because when I was running full speed at about 29 mintues or so, everything suddenly went black upstairs and the treadmill just quit. I almost flew off the thing and Emma was totally freaked out. We'd flipped a breaker. We had everything on up there... all the lights, the treadmill (of course), and the fans.... Emma was cleaning the room while I was on the treadmill. Hehe... fair trade, don't ya think? :)
Anyway, I'm sure of how far I ran, it's the other stuff that's questionable. The running part is the important part, though...
And today, my knees are KILLING me!! I can't hardly go down the stairs! They're popping and I keep feeling like I'm just going to fall. This is why I've always quit running in the past. I need to just get past it, though, because I LOVE how running makes me feel. I like that I hurt afterwards and that I sweat ten gallons, and that I feel like I'm just going to drop dead from pushing myself so hard... isn't that weird? And what I really love is that after my shower, I feel thinner. I know I'm not. All I have to do is look in the mirror at this body that has birthed two babies, but I just quickly look away to maintain the feeling of thinness.
5 comments:
Candace, I LOVE running too, but am having the same popping knee problem with my right knee. Sigh... I didn't think "getting older" would happen this soon.
Dang baby, you are running way too hard if you are causing blackouts! lol Sorry your knees are hurting, just don't over do it and get hurt. You still gotta chase those two babies around!
I love the thin feeling! It's a fabulous little shot of confidence.
i have a bad left knee too. make sure u let it rest so it can get better or it's just gonna keep hurting every time worse and worse and then you WILL quit.
way to go!! i wish i could have seen you fly off the treadmill.
Ok just don't get on the scale yet... it's strange how that feeling of thinness evaporates at the sight of a stale scale. I hate the power that stupid thing hold over me! It's really ridiculous!
I'm happy for you! Keep it up!
Post a Comment