So, because of his lovely disposition, there are days when I feel like I don't connect with Emma at all. This makes me so sad, because she is the sweetest thing and so helpful to me. But I know that most days, I'm so consumed with his demands that she is completely pushed aside.
So today when I layed him down for his nap, I shut everything off inside to hopefully keep it very quiet in here, thereby encouraging him to nap for a very long time, and Emma and I went outside and enjoyed our pool! The reason I feel guilt is because Noah really loves floating around the pool, but Emma needs some special time too. So, anyway... we had a great time! I floated with her for a long time, she got a nose bleed, which really freaked her out, so we had to get out briefly for that and she was really upset by this, because the blood got on her pretty pink swim vest. But we got it taken care of and back in the pool we went. Toward the end of my time in the pool, she decided she wanted to start jumping off the ladder into the pool, like she was doing at the "big pool at the beach". So, I got out and thought this was a good time to grab the camera...


We actually got in three good hours out there. I couldn't believe it. And not only that, we came in, got showers, and got completely ready to go to dinner and Noah still wasn't awake. So, Emma and I went in and woke him up to go eat.
And since it is Saturday, we had our own little "date night". It was fun. We went to Taco Bell (fancy, huh?), then we went into town and did a little shopping. We went by Kirkland's. I LOVE that place, they have such cool house stuff for so CHEAP!! I just can't get over it. I've been eyeballing this awesome round mirror in the Pottery Barn catalog for a long time and I know that mirror is at least $300 and that's before they kill you on the shipping and tax and I got a mirror that is identical to it for $79!!! I thought this was a steal! I saw it as soon as I walked in the door and my heart literally skipped a beat. I got a few other cute things there, so I'll be posting another decorating blog sometime this week. I've got to get my foyer all prettied up, though, before I do another post.

5 comments:
I love that you got to spend some girl time with your sweet Emma! I can't wait to see your next decorating post! Oh, and I will try to post for m24... I just have SO much on my mind. Brandon got laid off, so no job, we're trying to sell the house, I have to give a talk at church tomorrow, plus it's not a great time of the month for me, if you know what I mean. ;) I'm glad to know that somebody notices if I DON'T post, though. :)
That's really great you and her got to spend so much time alone:) I bet she really enjoyed having mommy all to herself.And great job finding that mirror:)can't wait to see how good it looks!
oh my gosh. i love kirklands. i've been eyeballing this round mirror there too. i wonder if you got the same one. it's black and has little circles scooped out all around it that are redish. i think. i haven't been by to see it in a while. if you bought it i'm gonna steal it from your house.
I Love when I get some one on one time with my kids; so I know you absolutely loved spending that time with Emma as did she!!!
Can't wait for your latest decor post!!!
I always feel the same way with my kids. Like I never have any one on one time with each of them, especially Isabel. I'm glad that you got to spend some fun in the sun time with Emma!
Post a Comment