Friday, February 11, 2011

de ja vu

okay, okay....

i'm not SUPPOSED to believe in reincarnation or prior lives or things like that... i never have. i've always been intrigued by the stories i've seen about it on unsolved mysteries and such, but i've never experienced anything like i've heard described.

until recently.

this knitting thing... i've been doing it for two weeks. well, three as of tomorrow, but i keep having these moments. these moments when i'm certain i've done this before. made this before, seen this before... it's weird.

i probably sound like a blubbering idiot right now, but seriously, i've been so creeped out by this. i taught myself by watching you tube videos. every time i need to know how to do a new stitch or method, i you tube it and pick up the needles and just do it.

the first time.

no trouble. it's weird. and everytime i do something new, i keep having that feeling of de ja vu!! like i've DONE THIS BEFORE. when no, in fact, i haven't. i just started three weeks ago. why do i feel this way?

am i creeping you out yet?

i'm probably crazy for posting this in a blog, but you're my friends and i'm so mystified by this i need some kind of explanation or ... something.

help... lol

4 comments:

Kris said...

Wish I could help! I don't think you're crazy though. I know it happens to my husband all the time and he's pretty normal (except he married me hehe!) But at least it's something cool like knitting!!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

That's kinda funny!

I get de ja vu when I dream something and then the next day or so later it actually happens.

Weird.

(and that is frickin' awesome that you are such an awesome-sauce knitter. I'm super jealous!)

Rachel Holloway said...

It really is incredible! I wish there were some logical explanation--but maybe it's just because you're a NATURAL! :) I bet you DREAM of knitting even!

A Beautiful Life said...

maybe you HAVE done it before..haha. i get that a lot just certain situations around the house or moments, that i remember from dreams or SOMETHING when i was younger, i can't explain it...so i guess that means i'm where i'm supposed to be? maybe we see glimpses of our lives when we're younger or something, like we're all slightly psychic about our own journey here. so maybe you dreamt about it when you were younger and now you're doing it, OR you actually FOUND one of your special talents. We don't always fulfill our own potential and we're blessed with many talents, perhaps knitting was one of them for you and you're just now finding it and that's why it comes so easily!
seriously, for only 3 weeks knitting it DOES seem like you've been doing it for a lifetime!!