Friday, February 6, 2009

Almost 9 months...

My darling little man...

Where do I begin this first post for you? Today you are 8 months and 22 days old and I have to tell you... I love every little tiny thing about you. You fill my days with sunshine, love, and lots of slobbery kisses. I absolutely adore you. I wish you would stay my baby forever, but I know you must grow.
You are learning so much new stuff all the time. You'll say "Ma-ma", but only if I beg, plead, and say it over and over, your nose an inch from mine, about a thousand times. Finally, you'll just get tired of hearing me say it, and you'll blurt it out, then grab a handful of my face and pinch as hard as you can! I know this sounds crazy, but I think it's so cute and sweet when you do that.

You love Marley, the dog, but he's not too sure about you. I think he's seen you pinch and pull our hair so much that he's scared to let you get too close to him! :)

You make these grunting noises when you really want something and you always have a toy in your hand.. in your mouth.


As I'm typing this for you, you're crawling, pushing with all your might, trying to get past my feet and under this desk to play with the cords and push the shiny red button on the power surge strip under the desk.

You have a voracious appetite! You want to eat anything Mommy is eating and so far you've shown no aversion to any foods. In fact, this morning, you went to breakfast with Granny and I and you ate sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, and waffle. Not too much eggs, just a couple of little morsels that were mixed in, because they could trigger an allergy, but you loved every single bite and if I didn't get more to your mouth quickly, you, of course, started grunting very loudly. We all think your grunting is hilarious. It's SO YOU! :) AND you ate all that food after you'd just downed an entire 8 ounce bottle! Amazing! I think you love all foods so much, because you nursed from Mommy for so long. Which, I miss desperately, to be honest. I wish I wouldn't have weaned you, but you were just always so hungry, I thought maybe you weren't getting enough.


I call you "Butta" because you're my little buttaball. I love that you're such a perfectly round little baby. You're a perfect size... 20 pounds... and you're mostly wearing 6-12 month clothes, but you can already fit in your size 12-18 month clothes.

I'm so glad you're in my life now, my sweet little boy, I have no idea how I ever lived one minute without you.

1 comment:

Linda said...

You are so precious to me, Noah. You are the most loving and happy baby. Just a total joy to be around and everyone loves you so much. Including your sister who is absolutely crazy about you. I love you with all my heart.